Online registration for the 2019 Sanctuary Ocean Count!
2019 Dates: January 26, February 23, March 30
*Registration will commence on December 15 annually.
*No training required for O’ahu & Hawai’i Island volunteers.
*Training is required of all Kaua’i volunteers. See info below!
Those who have taken Jean Souza’s training in the past are good to go, but always welcome to join in the training as a refresher (as we all know, the information about these critters is very dynamic, so try to stay informed). For new volunteers, here is the training schedule. No need to pre-register for training, just show up. Please take the training session BEFORE your count day.
*Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019
- The required Jan. 19 training for new volunteers (and those wanting a refresher) was CANCELLED.
- Instead, site leaders will give brief instructions to new volunteers the morning of the count.
- Please show up at your designated location on Jan. 26 at the designated time specified by your site leader who will contact you next week.
*Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 (CHANGED*)
- 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm at Kukui Grove Center, OceanFest exhibition room
- 3-2600 Kaumualii Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766
- At OceanFest exhibition room between KSA and Regis. Along the main concourse near the kids play area
Saturday, Mar. 23, 2019
- 9:00 am to 11:00 am at TBD, Kaua‘i Sanctuary Office
- 4370 Kukui Grove Street, Suite 206 Lihue, Hawaii 96766
*The only Kaua‘i site that can accommodate untrained volunteers in 2019 is at Poipu Beach Park, Poipu.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To register for Pyramid Rock or Mokapu Point on O‘ahu, (must have military base access for these two sites) please E-mail us at email@example.com
- For all other site locations click the date below you would like to register for and the link will take you to the registration form.
- This is a family friendly event open to all ages! Please ensure children are always accompanied by a parent/guardian!
- Space at each site varies and is limited and online registration will not be possible for those sites that have 0 spaces available.
- To register for ALL 3 dates, you must fill out a registration form for each date.
- One individual per registration form.
- A confirmation message, followed by an E-mail confirmation, will indicate successful registration!
*Please note that registration closes one week prior to each Ocean Count event date!